Epworth During Covid-19 – Sharing God’s Love with our Neighbors
Our number one priority at Epworth is everyone’s safety during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Since March, 2020, we have shifted our worship focus to online platforms. Every Sunday at 10 am we livestream worship on YouTube and Facebook, as well as an ASL-interpreted worship service on YouTube. During the summer months in 2020, we offered an outdoor in-person worship gathering in the Bayside parking lot (bring your own mask and chair) on Saturday evenings at different times based on the sunset. We briefly held physically-distanced, in-person worship in November, 2020, but returned to online-only worship because of the surge in infections.
Throughout the pandemic, we have combined and expanded Epworth’s three food ministries (Good Sam, Food Rescue, and the Kitchen@Epworth) to meet the growing needs of our neighbors. Many people donate as well as receive food during three weekly times, on Sunday and Thursday afternoons, and Tuesday mornings. Every month, a group of us partners with Beebe Hospital in driving food and care packages to food insecure folk identified by the hospital. Area individuals, groups, and business organizations have also collected food for us to distribute. You may have seen news stories celebrating these partnerships.
We also partner with DEMA, Beebe Hospital, and First State Delaware in providing our parking lot for free Covid-19 testing and flue vaccinations (and possibly Covid-19 vaccinations).
- Online worship Sundays @ 10 am
- Outdoor in-person worship Saturdays @ 5 pm (Summer months – starts June 5
- Food donations and distribution Sundays: 1-3p; Tuesdays: 9-noon; Thursdays: 2-4p
- Volunteer drivers for Beebe Hospital’s food and care package distribution to food insecure patients and their families
- Ongoing Covid-19 testing and flu vaccinations for our community in our parking lot
- Building closed for in-person Worship, Meetings, Preschool and Support Groups
- Church Meetings via Zoom
- Skate Park @ Epworth is Open! Boys & Girls Club Limited Program
At Epworth United Methodist Church, we celebrate God ‘s call to explore faith and embrace community. Whether you have recently moved here, are considering moving here or simply looking for a church home, we invite you to join us on the journey as we follow Jesus with faith, hope, and love. All are welcome at Epworth and we celebrate being a part of the Reconciling Ministries Network since 2006, which welcomes and includes LGBTQ persons as part of our community.
We structure everything we do around four primary areas of ministry
- Inviting people to take part in God’s Way
- Belonging to God and to each other in love
- Connecting with God and our neighbor
- Caring for one another